Dr. Jenny Chang and Dr. Tijana Stijacic are prosthodontists, a specialty focused on your overall dental health, beauty, and function. Contact Chang Dental today to learn more.
To schedule an appointment, call or text 508-653-0444.
What is a Prosthodontist?
A prosthodontist is a dentist who receives an additional three years of specialty training after completion of dental school. The specialty involves vigorous advanced training in exquisite high-end cosmetic design. In addition, a prosthodontist is highly skilled in treating complex failing and/or failed dentition resulting from grinding, trauma, and systemic diseases, such as cancer and autoimmune disorders.
Prosthodontists are highly trained in merging cosmetic and functional needs by utilizing dental implants, crowns, bridges, and/or dentures to achieve comprehensive results. For example, we specialize in providing care for patients with multiple missing teeth, combined with temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ/TMD). The specialty focuses on facially generated treatments combining the art and science of dentistry to achieve the most beautiful dental restorations for patients.
Dr. Chang and Dr. Stijacic specialize in treating patients with high-end cosmetic demands, full-mouth dental implants, dental veneers, and dental crowns and bridges. Patients who suffer from multiple missing teeth, effects of severe grinding and loss of tooth structure, malaligned teeth, TMJ discomfort, chewing difficulties, and ill-fitting dentures benefit the most from seeing a prosthodontist.
How is a prosthodontist different from other types of dentists?
Prosthodontists have advanced training to treat more complex situations in restoring and replacing multiple missing teeth. Patients with multiple missing teeth and who need cosmetic enhancement should seek help from prosthodontists since these treatments require delicate and detailed planning for stable, successful, and long-term results. They have the expertise to analyze the entire facial structure, muscles of mastication, and the mandibular movement related to proper TMJ function. These are important factors when a patient is considering restorations of multiple teeth. Prosthodontists are specialists dedicated to this type of dentistry.
Prosthodontists spearhead teams involving other specialists such as periodontists, endodontists, orthodontists, oral surgeons, and general dentists, as well as collaborating with other health professionals to develop unique solutions for your dental needs. Prosthodontists are often the top specialists in leading the design and treatment of complex and high-end cosmetic smile makeovers.
General dentists often refer to prosthodontists when a patient suffers multiple missing teeth since these patients require a higher level of scrutiny to have a stable successful outcome. There are more details about planning and designing to ensure proper function and esthetics when a prosthodontist needs to restore the entire mouth.
Why choose a prosthodontist?
You should consider choosing a prosthodontist because of their advanced training and education, and expertise with advanced dental technology. Rigorous training and experience give prosthodontists a special understanding of the dynamics of a smile and the preservation of a healthy mouth.
When selecting the right dental specialist to treat your entire mouth, a prosthodontist is the specialist with the best expertise for your dental health.
Like picking a cardiologist for your heart, one needs the best specialist to treat the condition, and not rely on a primary care doctor to resolve the cardiac issues. Patients choose prosthodontists for their expertise in extensive training in the preservation and restoring dental health.
Benefits of working with a prosthodontist:
- A better-looking smile. A full mouth rehabilitation will improve your smile's overall function and cosmetics, with the added benefit of increased confidence, social interactions, relationships, and added health benefits.
- Improved dental health. Some dental procedures serve cosmetic purposes and dental health purposes. Poor eating can lead to malnutrition, declined social interaction, poor medical health, and poor sleep quality.
- Stable and successful long-term dental solutions. A well-designed dentition by a prosthodontist allows you to have a great result that you can be happy with, be pain-free, and enjoy for many years to come. When a case design fails, a patient suffers constant fractured and/or broken teeth and crowns, as well as infection, pain, and failure. Seek a prosthodontist, the experts in full mouth rehabilitation, to restore a healthy mouth.
- Improved overall health. The inability to chew food well will significantly affect one's digestive system and overall health. When a person loses multiple teeth, it can become increasingly difficult to eat and can result in the weakening of the chewing muscles. This, in turn, can impact TMJ function and lead one to consume less nutritious foods. Ask our experts to help you with a healthy, beautiful, and successful long-term solution to restore your smile and health.
- Increased confidence. When you feel good about your smile, you feel more confident. Confidence affects the way you carry yourself and the impression you make on others. Cosmetic dentistry can have a significant impact on all areas of your life. For many patients, it can have a positive impact on their careers and relationships with others. For example, many celebrities have cosmetic dental treatments to improve their smiles.
- Improved career options. A person with multiple missing teeth may not experience the best career opportunities. An employer may not consider hiring a candidate with poor oral hygiene and missing teeth since it may not represent their company properly. Or an employer may not consider that you are the best candidate to care for their customers if you don't appear to care for your oral health.
Why Choose Chang Dental Group?
Expert Care - Excellent Results
We have earned a reputation for excellence in dentistry due to the advanced level of care we have consistently provided for over 20 years. Our doctors are highly qualified, having earned degrees from prestigious universities including Harvard and Tufts University. We believe in continuing education, consistently teaching and learning about best practices and advancements in technology in order to provide the best possible care and a positive experience for our patients.
Dr. Jenny Chang and Dr. Tijana Stijacic are our specialists in smile makeover procedures. With their expertise, they have improved the smile and confidence of numerous patients with successful and beautiful results.
- Dental Implants:
- Natural function. A dental implant functions like a natural tooth, providing the same bite strength and chewing force as a healthy tooth.
- Natural appearance. A dental implant provides the most natural-looking replacement for one or more missing teeth.
- Preserve bone structure. Because a dental implant fuses with the jaw bone, it preserves the bone strength and structure that would otherwise weaken and dissolve in the absence of a tooth.
- Porcelain veneers. Veneers are thin, shell-like covers made of porcelain that attach to the front side of your teeth. They can conceal crooked teeth, discoloration, and gaps, making them look straight and uniform. Porcelain resembles tooth enamel for a natural-looking smile. This is the strongest material option available for cosmetic dentistry. You do not need to worry about stains from food, drinks, and red wine.
- Contact Lens Dental Veneers: This is the most conservative cosmetic procedure that can enhance your smile by adding a thin layer on top of your teeth. This is a very popular procedure since the dentist does not need to remove any enamel from your teeth.
- Dental crowns. A crown is a tooth-shaped cap placed over a tooth that is too decayed or damaged for a filling. The existing enamel is reduced to make room for the crown, preserving the natural root and root canal.
- Dental bridges. A bridge replaces one or more missing adjacent teeth. It is supported by crowns placed over the existing teeth on either side of the gap, with artificial teeth suspended between them.
- Smile makeover. When there are multiple imperfections in your teeth that you wish to correct, a smile makeover can completely transform your smile. It can include a combination of cosmetic and orthodontic procedures to improve the appearance of your teeth and give you the smile you want to see when you look in the mirror and see yourself in pictures.
- Invisalign. Straightening crowded teeth and narrow arch will improve your overall smile fullness. This is an effective way to enhance the smile.
What Is Full Mouth Rehabilitation?
A complete/full mouth rehabilitation is a comprehensive treatment of an individual’s mouth with a focus on restoring and/or replacing one’s natural dentition with a highly functional and esthetic/cosmetic outcome. In many cases, a complete rehabilitation utilizes various dental prostheses including, but not limited to, implants, crowns, bridges, and/or veneers to replace aging and dysfunctional teeth and/or dentures and bring a patient to a state of optimal oral health.
To schedule an appointment, call or text 508-653-0444.