Chang Dental Group has provided general dental services for families in Natick and throughout the MetroWest region of Massachusetts for over 20 years.
To schedule an appointment, call or text 508-653-0444.
What Is General Dentistry?
Everyone needs a good family dentist to take care of their oral health. We strive to establish long-term relationships with our patients and your families to provide thorough check-ups and planning for your beautiful and healthy smiles. Families visit for routine dental cleanings and checkups every 3-6 months.
Our doctors will:
- Review the conditions of your teeth
- Check your gum health
- Check the alignment of your teeth
- Check any TMJ issues
- Check if there is grinding of your teeth
- Check if there are snoring issues
- Complete an oral cancer screening
General dentistry refers to services and procedures that restore and maintain the health of your teeth. General dentistry services include routine dental cleanings, fillings, root canals, and more. The ultimate goal of general dentistry is preventive care, which refers to dental cleanings and services that maintain the health of your teeth.
Benefits of General Dentistry
- Save and protect your natural teeth. General dentistry can maintain and restore your natural teeth, helping them last as long as possible, hopefully for your lifetime. Preventive care is important in maintaining the longevity of your teeth.
- Keep your gums healthy. Another benefit to having clean teeth is that it helps maintain the health of your gums. When plaque builds up on your teeth it can infect the gum tissue. But dental cleanings remove plaque to help prevent or treat gum disease.
- Get relief from tooth pain. An infected tooth can be painful, but a root canal can relieve your pain and save the tooth in many cases.
- Often covered by insurance. Most dental insurance plans cover general dentistry procedures, at least up to a certain amount or percentage.
- Affordable. Even without insurance, general dentistry services are relatively affordable.
Why Choose Chang Dental Group?
Expert Care - Excellent Results
Chang Dental Group is a family dental practice providing general dentistry services for patients of all ages. We are among the top-rated practices in Massachusetts on Google due to the many positive reviews from satisfied patients.
Our highly qualified doctors have earned their degrees in dentistry and various dental specialties from some of the most prestigious universities, including Tufts, Harvard, and other top-rated dental schools. Many of our doctors are former faculty members of these universities and continue to provide education in their respective specialties. We have established a reputation in the community for compassion and an advanced level of care that our patients trust.
We provide the following general dental services:
- Dental cleanings. We provide teeth cleanings every 3 to 6 months to remove plaque left on the teeth after you brush and floss at home each day. No matter how well you take care of your teeth, there is still a chance that plaque will accumulate in hard-to-reach places that only your dentist can take care of.
- Digital Scanning. We use the latest in digital technology with our intraoral scanners and cameras. Digital technology is a valuable educational tool for patients to help them understand and see the conditions we discuss. Patients are consistently impressed with the thorough and detailed diagnostic tools and exams we provide.
- Oral examinations. We also provide a thorough oral examination every six months to assess your dental and oral health. This also includes an oral cancer screening to look for any abnormalities that need to be addressed.
- Fillings. If plaque remains on your teeth for too long it will start to eat away at the enamel, causing a cavity. We provide tooth-colored fillings to treat cavities and prevent them from worsening.
- Root canals. A tooth can become infected due to a crack or a deep cavity. A root canal procedure involves removing the infected tissue and filling the tooth with a rubbery filling resistant to infection. A root canal performed at the right time can often save a tooth.
- Dental Extractions. Teeth sometimes need to be extracted due to severe decay, damage, or for orthodontic purposes. Infection can lead to severe oral pain. We perform tooth extractions under local anesthesia.
Dental Crowns. A tooth that has been severely damaged or decayed can sometimes be saved with a crown, a tooth-shaped cap placed over a tooth to protect it from further damage. We specialize in crown design and placement to provide the most stable, beautiful, and healthy crowns for tooth replacement.
- Dentures. When most teeth are too decayed or damaged to save, partial or complete dentures provide a replacement option.
- Fixed Dentures. Fixed dentures are supported by dental implants. Please see our implant page for more secure denture options that don’t move in your mouth.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should you have your teeth cleaned?
Dentists and dental experts recommend having your teeth professionally cleaned at least every 3 to 6 months. Most dental insurance plans cover two dental cleanings per year. This is the ideal time frame for removing plaque that forms despite brushing and flossing.
Why do I need an oral cancer screening?
How often do I need to brush and floss my teeth?
What are the symptoms of gum disease?
Contact Us to Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, call or text 508-653-0444.