Benefits of Orthodontics
- Give you a beautiful smile.
- Protect your teeth from premature wear. Correcting the alignment of your teeth and bite prevents your teeth from wearing down prematurely.
- Improve chewing ability. You’ll be able to chew your food more effectively when your upper and lower teeth meet together properly. Orthodontic treatment corrects bite alignment, called occlusion.
- Prevent jaw pain and headaches. A misaligned bite can cause excess stress on your temporomandibular joint (TMJ) where your lower jaw connects to your skull. This can cause pain in the joints and headaches. Orthodontic treatment can often provide relief from TMJ symptoms.
- Improve your appearance. Properly aligned teeth provide a more aesthetically pleasing smile.
Why Choose Chang Dental Group?
Expert Care - Excellent Results
We offer orthodontics for our patients to make it more convenient to straighten their teeth. You don’t have to go to an orthodontist when we offer Invisalign in our dental office. Invisalign technology includes software that designs your treatment plan to help you achieve the desired results. Chang Dental Group is a Platinum Invisalign provider. We offer affordable payment plans and free virtual consultations.
No extraction and airway-focused orthodontics: A common practice in some dental offices is to extract the four premolars to alleviate crowding of the teeth. This can lead to health problems later, specifically sleep apnea. Our approach is to include airway-focused orthodontics to provide you with the most healthy and beautiful smile. Most of our patients do not need extractions due to our specialized techniques. We believe in keeping natural adult teeth in place whenever possible.
Early childhood orthodontics: Dr. Chang receives referrals from children’s hospitals to treat patients with sleep apnea issues and ADHD-related issues. When a child has crowded dentition, crossbite, deep bite, overbite, and underbite, the restricted airway can affect the sleep pattern. When a child can not sleep well, they can develop ADHD-like symptoms. It is better to initiate early-phase orthodontic treatment to assist in the growth and development of the face, which will assist in better airway development, dental arch development, and facial growth.
Early childhood treatment is important for some patients to prevent orthognathic surgeries later in life. 80-90% of facial growth is completed at age 10. Therefore, we tap into the potential of facial growth patterns to assist in dental arch development. This allows us to apply easier treatment modalities to improve overall growth and prevent surgery later.
Invisalign Clear Aligners
Chang Dental Group specializes in Invisalign treatment, a modern approach to orthodontics. Invisalign is a system for straightening teeth and aligning the bite with digital technology. It consists of clear plastic aligners that fit over the teeth to gently shift them into proper alignment.
- Discreet. Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible on your teeth, allowing you to straighten your teeth more discreetly than with metal braces.
- Fast. Most patients can see great results in 6 months.
- Comfortable and No Pain. The aligners are digitally designed, and made of smooth, flexible plastic that is comfortable to wear and won’t irritate the soft tissues of your mouth. Each aligner has a gentle force designed to move teeth. Therefore, you don’t experience the severe pain associated with metal braces wire adjustments. Changing from one aligner to the next aligner is the same amount of gentle force applied, so it does not cause pain.
- Least invasive. Wearing plastic aligners is the least invasive technique to move teeth. There are no intrusive metal brackets and wires.
- Digital design. Invisalign aligners are digitally designed so you can view your final results.
- Convenient for eating. The aligners are removable for eating and taking care of your teeth. There’s no need to give up your favorite foods or use special brushing or flossing equipment.
- No emergency visits. Many patients who had brackets and wire experience multiple emergency visits to the doctor’s office for broken brackets and loose wire that pokes into their cheeks and causes pain. Wearing Invisalign aligners, you do not need to worry about emergency visits.
- Affordable. The cost of Invisalign is comparable to the cost of braces.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does Invisalign treatment take?
How often do I switch aligners?
How many hours per day do I need to wear my aligners?
Will Invisalign make my teeth sore?
Contact Us to Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, call or text 508-653-0444.